Very easy dish to prepare. No need to pre-cook the lasagna. A lovely meal to serve to those who love cheese and meat combined.
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 26 ounces jars of spaghetti sauce (or any preferable sauce)
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 10 ounces chopped spinach
- 1 pound tofu
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a pan, heat the olive oil, add the mushrooms and sauté them until tender.
- Remove the pan from heat and add the spaghetti sauce, or any other sauce you prefer.
- With the help of a food processor, process the spinach and the tofu briefly.
- Add all other ingredients to the food processor, except the lasagna noodles and blend until smooth.
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 F.
- Take a 9x12 inch pan and spread half of the sauce evenly in the bottom.
- Take 3 of the lasagna noodles and put them over the sauce, leaving some space between.
- Spread half of the mixture from the food processor over the lasagna noodles.
- Take another 3 of the lasagna noodles and layer them over the tofu mixture.
- Spread the remaining tofu mixture over the lasagna noodles.
- Take the remaining 3 lasagna noodles and layer on top.
- Spread the remaining sauce over the last layer of lasagna noodles.
- Cover it tight with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for 30 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top, but that's optional.
Great side dishes for lasagna:
-Avocados drizzled with olive oil
Great beverages for lasagna:
Image author: jules / stonesoup